Thursday, April 19, 2012

APRIL UPDATE: Georgie Magazine / Halo Nightclub / Y Afterhours


Over a month ago, I started a dialogue over Twitter with a very cool Edmonton scene-and-style magazine called Georgie, and it turned out that they were fans of BPM. Further to that, they wanted to do a profile on me for the next issue.

After a few emails, a shoot was done with the amazing local photog Ashley Dawn Champagne, an interview was done, and before you knew it, they digitally transformed me into a cybernetic beatmonster! You can see the story and pics in the new issue of Georgie in print, free around Edmonton, or online HERE.

Also, over the last few months, I have been fortunate enough to have been invited to play at Halo, perhaps one of Edmonton's finest dance lounges ever. I've been going to Halo for years, and have come to know Blair (aka Junior Brown) and Sal in the process. I've always considered the place to be like a second home, and it was a huge thrill to play there as a guest one Saturday last December. And then get asked back, again and again.

Now I'm back at Halo this Saturday, May 19, as the guest DJ on the legendary For Those Who Know Saturdays. I hope you'll come and enjoy a different side to my sound, which is much deeper, groovier and swinging than my main room sets.

Not to be outdone, I will be back at my OTHER second home in Edmonton, Y Afterhours, this Saturday April 21 in the main room, 3-5 AM. Please come out as I bring out some big, dirty, elevating sounds!

I will also be playing at the MASSIVE Electronic Dance Music festival ELEMENTS on Friday April 27 at the Edmonton Expo Centre, in the Fire room. Set time to be announced...

Now, gotta get a gig at my THIRD second home, The Common...soon enough, I suppose!

No comments: